The Don Callejon School Community Organization (DCSCO) is the parent group for Don Callejon School. As a parent or guardian of a student in the school, you are automatically a member! There are no dues to join.
Our mission is to gather the community around our school and our neighborhood. Our goals include supporting teachers and students with new innovative projects, provide resources (both fundraising and volunteer hours), and engage the community to create a rich environment for our students.
DCSCO is a non-profit with tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status, allowing donations to be tax-deductible.
Like more than 75% of parent-teacher groups in the U.S., DCSCO is not affiliated with the national PTA. There is no PTA chapter at Don Callejon School. DCSCO has a Board member liaison to the Santa Clara Unified School District PTA Council. DCSCO was founded in 2004 by people in the area eager to support the school (almost 2 years before its opening). The organization has raised and contributed approximately $50,000 per year to Don Callejon School.
The Role of DCSCO as a Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO)
The objectives of DCSCO are to:
- Establish and maintain a constructive and supportive working relationship among parents, school and community.
- Support school improvement teams and promote the finest education possible for the students at Don Callejon School.
- Expand technology and supplement equipment and supplies as needed or requested by the school and/or administration.
- Collaborate with the school and administration to increase student safety and security.
- Develop programs and projects that will support or enrich the curriculum with key feedback or requests from the school staff and/or administration.
- Enhance the quality of education by raising funds for school supplies or programs that fall outside the school budget.